Tuesday, August 30, 2011

SLW: Anudder Morning Selloff



SLW sold off again in the morning, to the 13, 21 and 34 EMAs (exponential moving averages), which were properly threaded in sequence and bunched to together between 38.24-38.42. I got long at 38.28.

Given the facts that we've got the "possible" Bearish Doji Star Hangman in the weekly chart (see weekend post) and we've got a possible Bear Flag/Rising Channel in this hourly chart (pattern in white), I allowed a little wiggle room below the EMAs, but not a lot. My expectation on the trade was for SLW to use the EMAs as support, and rally, but the stock went a good bit below them, which I didn't like.




SLW continued straight down and nearly hit my 38.79 stop, which was the last low prior to the rally on Friday. Blaaaah. I adjusted my trading plan to "sell any rally to the EMAs basis this 5-minute chart" and sold at 38.40-41.



In the next hour, SLW put in a big 'ol white candle and rallied to a high on the session. Oh, well...LOL.



Gain: $600

No comments: