Tuesday, May 10, 2011

FCX and NVDA

My 10-month old laptop crashed this morning, so I might be gone for awhile trying to get that sorted out. UGH.

FCX had TWO pattern breakouts yesterday (The Channel and The Ascending Triangle that we looked at yesterday), so it was a good day for The Bulls. 54.11 is IN PLAY as long as FCX trades above the 51.76-51.77 top of the Ascending Triangle. Targets that are against the trend are less likely to get MADE, and the trend is bearish. FCX also is right at the bottom of Kumo (Cloud) resistance (see yesterday's chart), so that must be borne in mind.

After a 4-day "Knuckle-biter," back below the 19.64 Double Bottom breakout, yesterday NVDA broke out of a Cup & Handle formation, basis the intraday chart, and closed back above 19.64. The upside targets are back IN PLAY as long as NVDA trades above the Double Bottom/"W"-Bottom pivot (19.64).

2 comments:

cot guy said...

Hope you get your laptop fixed soon

best regards
j

Melf Elf said...

j,

Thanks. This has been a nightmare. I got a new hard drive, but I can't publish any charts here and my cursor jumps all over the place when I try to type. Hopefully, I'll get things resolved soon. I have a guy coming this afternoon to try to fix the problems.